RULES TO THE GAME: 1,000 PUSH UPS, $1,000
AFROLETES PRESENTS THE TDF CHALLENGE: 1,000 PUSH UPS, $1,000
TABLE OF CONTENT
Push ups Proper Form
|Rep and Set Count Requirements|
1. Push- Ups Proper Form
Start down on all fours with your hands just wider than your shoulders. Find a comfortable position on the floor to exercise and get on your hands and knees. Put your palms flat against the ground so they’re directly below your shoulders. Let your fingers point straight ahead. Look straight down, and try your best to keep your head and neck in line with your back. Do push-ups on an exercise mat to cushion your hands and wrists so they don’t get sore.
Extend your legs so they form a straight line with your back. Walk your feet back as far as you can. Position your feet right next to each other or a few inches apart, and balance your weight on the balls of your feet. Keep your legs and back as straight as possible throughout your entire set of push-ups. Avoid raising your hips too high or letting them sag too low so that your body goes out of line
Lower yourself to the floor until your elbows are at 90 degrees. Engage your core and breathe in as you bend your elbows. Keep your back and legs straight as you bring your body down toward the ground. Stop when your chest is about 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) from the floor. Try to take about 2 seconds to lower yourself down so you have more control over your movements,
Push yourself back up until your arms are straight. Breathe out as you push your hands firmly against the floor. Lift your body up without bending your knees, letting your hips sag, or raising your hips up. Once you straighten out your arms and are back in your starting position, you’ve completed 1 rep! Avoid locking your elbows when you return to your starting position since you could risk injuring them. If your arms start shaking or you can’t fully get back into your starting position, don’t sweat it. Lower yourself back to the floor and take a break before trying again.
2. REWARD ELIGIBILITY
- The Fastest Male to complete The TDF Challenge wins $500.
- The Fastest Female to complete The TDF Challenge wins $500.
- In order to be eligible for a reward, you must complete The TDF Challenge.
- All contestants are eligible for a reward, if not in breach of any of the underlying rules.
- Once completed, contestants that didn’t win, get a 20% discount on all the products of Afroletes.
3. MEN’S REQUIREMENT
Males must complete The TDF Challenge: 1,000 push ups in 8 hours!
4. WOMEN’S REQUIREMENT
Females must complete The TDF Challenge: 1,000 push ups in 9 hours!
5. REP AND SET COUNT REQUIREMENTS
- Count your repetitions and sets. You are free to choose how to count your reps. In the video, you must mention the correct repetition count and set count.
- Should there be an error in the rep count or set count, this is enough grounds for disqualification.
- You must use a timer to time The TDF Challenge and this should be visible on the video. Tampering with the timer is prohibited.
- The TDF Challenge must be done in one go. You have 8 hours (men) or 9 hours (women) to complete this. Splitting the reps and sets into different parts of the day or week is prohibited.
6. RECORDING REQUIREMENTS
- You are allowed to record on your smartphone, tablet or (DSLR) camera. Make sure you have enough free space on your device to record and submit your video.
- Editing your video DURING your reps and sets is PROHIBITED. This will automatically result in disqualification. You can only submit your video once. Make sure that you submit your best attempt at The TDF Challenge.
7. SUBMIT VIDEO
- Submit your video by uploading it to your Youtube channel.
- Share the video link by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Make the subject line in your email 'The TDF Challenge 1,000 push ups, $1,000 video.
- Tag @AFROLETES in the title of the video, of you doing The TDF Challenge, on Youtube. Make sure to subscribe and follow us on all of our social media outlets.